Make Friends and Make a Difference with AAUW!
Consider joining the Midland Branch of AAUW! If you join at a public event (such as one of our general meetings or at our Used Book Sale) you will receive 50 percent off our national dues. Enjoy this nice incentive as you become part of an organization that supports women and provides many opportunities for personal growth and camaraderie.
Make Equity Real
Since the first meeting in 1881, the American Association of University Women has been a catalyst for change and improving women’s lives.
- Today AAUW boasts more than 100,000 members — women and men of different generations, races, and political affiliations.
- With 1,300 branches and 500 college and university partners, AAUW members across the country contribute to a more promising future for women and girls.
Pay Equity … Retirement Security … Gender Equity
Financial Literacy … Social Justice
Benefits of Membership: Join AAUW and make our collective voice louder nationally and locally on issues that matter to women and girls. Every member amplifies our voice and multiplies our impact.
- Belong to a community that continues to fight for issues of equity for women and girls.
- Get involved in grassroots activism and local and national programs that touch women and girls of diverse backgrounds.
- Communicate with federal and local policy-makers on issues important to women and girls.
- Improve the lives of women and girls worldwide through international initiatives and partnerships.
AAUW members also
- Support women’s educational and professional development through AAUW Funds, which gives fellowships and grants to women in graduate programs and conducts news-making, authoritative research on issues affecting women and girls.
- Challenge sex discrimination in colleges and universities and selected workplaces through the AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund.
But as long as inequity exists AAUW needs strong advocates to stand with us. Women today still need your help, and so does AAUW. Apply today. Share the passion!
Types of Membership
National Membership is open to anyone holding an associate or equivalent (RN), baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Student Affiliate Membershipis open to anyone who does not already hold an undergraduate degree and is enrolled in a two- or four-year regionally accredited educational institution.
E-Student Affiliate Membership is open to students who are enrolled at College/University Partner Member Institutions. Midland area partners are Central Michigan University, Delta College, Northwood University, and Saginaw Valley State University. This membership is free.
Contact the Membership VP: email@example.com