Make Friends and Make a Difference with AAUW!
Consider joining the Midland Branch of AAUW! If you join at a public event (such as one of our general meetings or at our Used Book Sale) you will receive 50 percent off our national dues. Enjoy this nice incentive as you become part of an organization that supports women and provides many opportunities for personal growth and camaraderie.
Mission: AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
Since the first meeting in 1881, the American Association of University Women has been a catalyst for change and improving women’s lives.
- Today, AAUW boasts more than 170,000 members and supporters.
- With 1,000 branches and 800 College and University Members, AAUW members across the country contribute to a more promising future for women and girls.
Benefits of Membership: Join AAUW and make our collective voice louder nationally and locally on issues that matter to women and girls. Every member amplifies our voice and multiplies our impact.
- Belong to a community that continues to fight for issues of equity for women and girls.
- Get involved in grassroots activism and local and national programs that touch women and girls of diverse backgrounds.
- Communicate with federal and local policy-makers on issues important to women and girls.
- Improve the lives of women and girls worldwide through international initiatives and partnerships.
AAUW members also
- Support women’s educational and professional development through AAUW Funds, which gives fellowships and grants to women in graduate programs and conducts news-making, authoritative research on issues affecting women and girls.
- Challenge sex discrimination in colleges and universities and selected workplaces through the AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund.
As long as inequity exists AAUW needs strong advocates to stand with us. Women today still need your help, and so does AAUW. Apply today. Share the passion!
National Membership is open to anyone holding an associate or equivalent (such as RN), baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Student Membership is open to undergraduates or degree-seeking graduates enrolled in full-time or part-time programs in a two- or four-year regionally accredited educational institution.
E-Student Membership is open to undergraduates or degree-seeking graduates enrolled in full-time or part-time programs in two- or four-year regionally accredited educational institutions that are College/University Members. Qualified students may join and renew at no cost with automatic renewal through graduation. Midland area College/University Members include Delta College and Saginaw Valley State University.
Contact the AAUW Midland Branch Membership VP: firstname.lastname@example.org